Friday, August 20, 2010

Fall Routines!

I recently read a blog that inspired me to kick our fall routine into high gear. We had a great routine last school year and I am actually really excited to get this year started. Tonight, my daughter and I sat down and made a morning and evening schedule and night one went very well! I will keep you updated as the days go on. This is what our fall routine looks like:

Morning:
Wake up
Make bed
Change clothes
Do hair
Eat breakfast
Put dishes away
wash hands/face/brush teeth
(if this is all done 1/2 hour before school, she gets to watch her favorite show... if not, she loses that privilege)

Evening:
Dinner
Put dishes away
Wash hands
Pick up toys
Lay out clothes for next day
Get back pack ready and place by the front door
Bath
PJ's
Teeth
Potty
Story
Prayers
Hugs
(If this is not done by designated bed time, she misses out on her story)

It's not too much to ask and it allows her to gain some responsibility and independence. Try it out with your kids... you might be surprised how much easier your mornings and evenings become! I could blog about my grown up routine but it might make your head spin... more on that later!

1 comment:

  1. I saw that blog post too. I want to get something set up, but since I go to work so early, it'll be Tom doing it with the kids and I'm not sure if he's motivated enough to follow...

    We definately need a night routine though, things have gotten so thrown out of wack this summer!

    ReplyDelete