Friday, February 26, 2010

Birthday Treats!

Since it's my birthday I thought I would share one of my favorite treats! I LOVE chocolate covered strawberries... here is a recipe from familyfun.go.com that I found rather cute...

Fairy Berries
You will need:

Large strawberries with stems
White chocolate (such as Nestle Premier White Morsels or Wilton White Candy Melts; 1 cup of pieces will coat about 12 strawberries)
Red food coloring
Decorating sugar (sprinkles also work well)



Instructions:
Rinse the berries, then pat them dry with paper towels.
Place the white chocolate in a bowl and melt it in the microwave according to the package instructions. Stir in red food coloring until the chocolate is tinted pink (we used 5 drops for 1 cup of chocolate).
Pour the sugar onto a plate. Holding each berry by the stem, dunk it into the chocolate, then roll it immediately in the sugar. Place the berries on a sheet of waxed paper and let the coating harden.

I also thought the Edible Magic Wands looked adorable and worth a try! AND don't forget to check out my favorite Key Lime Pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment