Saturday, February 27, 2010

On the go...

I always keep a bag packed in our car that includes diapers, wipes, extra sets of clothes for the kiddos, snacks, sippy cups, toys and Tylenol. This is not my diaper bag it is just something that is always on hand while we are running errands and is essential for those unexpected places life might take you! Don't forget to keep an extra shirt in there for you too... you never know what or when you might spill on yourself!

I also keep a "catch all basket" in the very back of my car. This is a place where kids toys, extra shoes and who knows what else is on the floor or under the seats of my car go. You can use a small/medium Rubbermaid bin, a shopping bag or a cute wicker basket. It is very convenient to place everything in that basket at the end of the day and take into the house. It also is handy (and a fast way to clean your car) when you become the chosen driver at the last minute.

One more handy tip for a mama (or anyone!) on the run is using a darling gift bag for a garbage bag in your car. It is big enough to hold trash, inexpensive and looks cute too!

1 comment:

  1. I like the tub in the back idea. I can't believe how much stuff accumulates in my car! This would be an easy way to clear it out, and get the kids to help!

    ReplyDelete